Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Bonne anniversaire Charles Whyte

It's a special day at Charles Whyte HQ as we hit the one year blog anniversary. To celebrate we admired the advent calendar strung on the mantle and the Mister got to check out his treats and notes for Day 1. He even asked if he could shine a torch on the other boxes so he could guess what else he has in store! Oh what fun it is to...

To see how I came to have little noodles boxes as an advent calendar, see my previous blog here.  

A very big merci beaucoup to my small but loyal group of followers and subscribers for joining the hunt for all the things that make our heart sing in Charles Whyte's first year. I've loved getting all your help and suggestions on my odd quests - even if most have come to me via email or verbally. I will convert you all to bloggers yet!

Charles Whyte has, in some ways, been about remembering all the things I love in life, all the things that make me happy. After a difficult year or two, this past one has been very positive and I do believe that writing these posts a couple of times a week is one of the reasons for that. A year ago today I wrote about being on the cusp, a place where we aren't quite content and we're out there searching for an elusive, mythical, magical thing that will make us instantly happy. Even though I know there is no such thing, that first post remains this blog's raison d'être. These days though, I feel so much more able to "enjoy the rush as my head hits the water" and I feel much more part of those dreamy images I wrote about. 

This blog only exists because I'm still enjoying the hunt for all the things that make my heart sing. I might be more content this year but I still have to agree with my former words that "the search is like a heartbeat, a rush of adrenaline, my lifeblood." So Charles Whyte lives on and I hope you'll be part of the hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...