Monday, February 7, 2011

Sartorial Sunday: Ode to Heath

It's still Sunday (just) in Baker Island so I'm sneaking in my Sartorial Sunday even though it's now Monday evening here in Melbourne town. My Photoshop skills are really getting pushed with this new weekly segment as I'm having to edit photos I've taken myself when I can't find my clothes on the net - as in the case of this Sass and Bide denim jacket which was an early birthday present from my mama. I love how it's much shorter at the back even though my kidneys will be crying come winter.

I wore this on Sunday afternoon to a high tea exhibition and a lovely lunch with the Mister. My joker singlet (Kmart find) had its first outing for awhile and made for quite an androgynous look coupled with the cargos, denim and my pixie locks. The addition of the black, patent Stella McCartney for Target bag cleared the matter of my gender somewhat, if only for the fact that it's an oversized handbag and less likely to be confused with a man bag.

I've called today's collage 'Ode to Heath' in honour of the much-loved Heath Ledger and his gifted performance as The Joker. 

"I believe whatever doesn’t kill you, simply makes you…stranger." The Joker

1 comment:

  1. I wish I'd seen you in this! What a fabulous outfit - Heath would be proud.

    ReplyDelete

Share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...